Thursday, March 30, 2006

Research

Some of the family tree documents I have come across in my searching have had some small errors. My Mom gave me most of this new information, so if anyone agrees or disagrees with it, please add a comment to let everyone know. Mom's memory is not what it used to be.

Dinah Blunden was John Bursey's (1866-1950) second wife, not first.

Rebecca Matilda Davidson, wife of Elisha Bursey (not Elias), went by the name Rebie.

Ralph Gordon Bursey (#41 on Bruce's documents) married someone named Evelyn (last name unknown).

William James Bursey (#11) died of cancer.

Rueben Bursey (#12) died in a boat explosion from severe burns.

Hawtense Mary Bursey's (#40) name was spelled Hortense but pronounced Hawtense. Her husband was Robert (Bob) Bell, not Beal. They had three children, Roy, John, Julie.

Hilda (Bursey) Loder born 1911, deceased 1994. Her daughter Norma was born 1937 and is still alive. She married Arthur Edgar MacAulay from Sydney Mines, NS area and had me, Jennifer Lynn MacAulay, born 1973 and married Paul Gary Melvin (born 1972) in 2002 but we have been together since 1990.Hilda and her husband William (Bill) Loder are buried in Saint John, NB at Fern Hill Cemetary.

Well, that's all for now, but I am sure she will think of more as time goes on. Let me know if any of this is wrong, please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am from the Bursey Family that was in Virginia and West Virginia. Do you have any way to get or to share information on them?

Thanks

Sharon L. Bursey Applegate

Jen, Paul and Daisy said...

Hi Sharon. I don't any information on the Bursey family from Virginia. Do you know if you are related to anyone from this blog? If we can find a link, I will search for you.

Don said...

Ralph Bursey married Evelyn Peacock, they had two sons R.Bruce and Gary